16th Annual Academy Awards Coverage (1944)
- Date of Ceremony: Thursday, March 2, 1944
- For films released in: 1943
- Location: Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Los Angeles, California
- Host(s): Jack Benny
The 16th Academy Awards were held on Thursday, March 2, 1944 at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. The theatre setting was chosen because they thought the banquet setting wasn’t in sync with the fact the country was at war and by moving to a larger venue they were able to invite more men and women in uniform.
Hosted by Jack Benny, the evening also marked the first time that winners in the Supporting categories received full-size Oscars instead of smaller version mounted on plaques.
- The Song of Bernadette: 12
- For Whom the Bell Tolls: 9
- Casablanca: 8
- Madame Curie: 7
- The North Star: 6
- The More the Merrier: 6
- The Human Comedy: 5