29th Annual Academy Awards Coverage (1957)
- Date of Ceremony: Wednesday, March 27, 1957
- For films released in: 1956
- Location: RKO Pantages Theatre, Los Angeles, California and NBC Century Theatre, New York New York
- Host(s): Jerry Lewis (video) and Celeste Holm (video)
The 29th Academy Awards ceremony took place on Wednesday, March 27, 1957 and was hosted by Jerry Lewis in Hollywood and Celeste Holm in NYC.
This ceremony marked the first time that there was a category for Best Foreign Language Film.
There were some mistakes and omissions in the nominations: one because of a mistaken title but the others due to the the blacklists surrounding the witch-hunts of the U.S. Congress’ House Committee on Un-American Activities. We’ve explained these on our nominations page.
- Giant: 10
- The King and I: 9
- Around the World in 80 Days: 8
- The Ten Commandments: 7
- Friendly Persuasion: 6