Ten live action shorts advance in Oscar race
Dec 14, 2011 by Ian Evans
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced ten live action short films that will advance in the process leading upi to the nominations for the 84th Academy Awards. 107 pictures had originally qualified in the category.
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company:
- Je Pourrais Être Votre Grand-Mère (I Could Be Your Grandmother), Bernard Tanguy, director-producer (Rézina Productions)
- Love at First Sight, Michael Davies, director and Sandra Gorel, producer (Spellbound Films)
- Pentecost, Peter McDonald, director (EMU Productions)
- Raju, Max Zähle, director and Stefan Gieren, producer (Hamburg Media School/Filmwerkstatt)
- The Road Home, Rahul Gandotra, director-producer and Ameenah Ayub, producer (London Film School)
- The Roar of the Sea, Ana Rocha Fernandes and Torsten Truscheit, directors (Niama Filmproduktion GmbH)
- Sailcloth, Elfar Adalsteins, director-producer (Berserk Films)
- The Shore, Terry George, director-producer (All Ashore Productions Limited)
- Time Freak, Andrew Bowler, director and Gigi Causey, producer (Team Toad)
- Tuba Atlantic, Hallvar Witzø, director (The Norwegian Film School/Den Norske Filmskolen)
Up next, the Short Films and Feature Animation Branch members will now select three to five nominees from among the 10 titles on the shortlist. Nominations for the 84th Academy Awards will be announced live on Tuesday, January 24, 2012, at 5:30 a.m. Stick with DigitalHit.com for all your 2012 Oscar news.