Kevin Smith to address Nicholl winners
Nov 15, 2006 by Ian Evans
Writer-director-actor Kevin Smith will deliver the keynote speech at the presentation of the 21st Don and Gee Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
Six new screenwriters, two of whom wrote collaboratively, will receive the first installment of the prestigious fellowship’s $30,000 prize money at the dinner.
This year’s Nicholl Fellowship winners are (listed alphabetically by writer):
- Alfred E. Carpenter, Alexandria, Virginia, and Mark A. Matusof, Woodbridge, Virginia, 38 Mercury
- Arthur M. Jolly, Marina del Rey, California, The Free Republic of Bobistan
- Stephanie Lord, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Palau Rain
- Josh D. Schorr, South Pasadena, California, 10 Day Contract
- Scott K. Simonsen, Hermosa Beach, California, Tides of Summer
Since the program’s inception in 1985, 98 fellowships have been awarded.