Academy narrows list down for Scientific and Technical awards
Sep 05, 2008 by Ian Evans
The Scientific and Technical Awards Committee of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced today that 8 scientific and technical achievements have been selected for further awards consideration.
The list is made public to allow individuals and companies with similar devices or claims of prior art the opportunity to submit their achievements for review. The deadline to submit additional entries is Tuesday, September 16.
The committee has selected the following methods or devices for further consideration:
- Advanced Dialog Replacement System (Warner Bros. Studios)
- ARRIMAX 18/12 (Arri, Inc.)
- Transvideo’s Video Assist Monitors for the Film Industry (Transvideo)
- Angenieux Optimo 24-290, 17-80, 15-40, 28-76 Zoom Lenses—Complete System (Thales Angenieux)
- Hylén System (SmARTlens)
- HDReye High Dynamic Range Digital Camera (Rhythm & Hues)
- PRIMATTE Chromakey Technology (Imagica Technologies Corp.)
- Underlying & Enabling Technologies for Digital Intermediate (Technicolor)
After thorough investigations are conducted on each of the entries, the committee will meet in early December to vote on recommendations to the Academy’s Board of Governors, which will make the final awards decisions.
The Scientific and Technical Awards will be presented at the Beverly Wilshire hotel in Beverly Hills on Saturday, February 7, 2009. Stick with DigitalHit.com for all your 81st Academy Awards coverage