Oscar shorts screen in LA
Jan 30, 2009 by Ian Evans
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will present Shorts!, a screening of all the 2008 Academy Award®-nominated films in the Animated and Live Action Short Film categories. The screening will take place on Tuesday, February 17, at 7:30 p.m. at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills.
The 2008 Animated Short Film and Live Action Short Film nominees are:
- Animated Short Film
- La Maison en Petits Cubes, Kunio Kato, director
- Lavatory-Lovestory, Konstantin Bronzit, director
- Oktapodi, Emud Mokhberi and Thierry Marchand, directors
- Presto, Doug Sweetland, director
- This Way Up, Alan Smith and Adam Foulkes, directors
- Live Action Short Film
- Auf der Strecke (On the Line), Reto Caffi, director
- Manon on the Asphalt, Elizabeth Marre and Olivier Pont, directors
- New Boy, Steph Green, director, and Tamara Anghie, producer
- The Pig, Tivi Magnusson, producer, and Dorte Høgh, director
- Spielzeugland (Toyland), Jochen Alexander Freydank, producer-director
Tickets are $5 for the general public and $3 for Academy members and students with a valid ID. Tickets may be purchased online at www.oscars.org, by mail, or at the Academy’s box office during regular business hours beginning Monday, February 2, at 9 a.m. The Samuel Goldwyn Theater is located at 8949 Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. All seating is unreserved.
Stick with DigitalHit.com for all your 81st Oscar® coverage.