Shorts move ahead in Live Action and Animated Oscar categories.
Nov 30, 2010 by Ian Evans
The Live Action and Animated shorts categories are beginning to get finalized as the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced that 10 live action and 10 animated short films will advance in the voting process for the 83rd Academy Awards®.
The 10 live action short films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company:
- Ana’s Playground, Eric D. Howell, director (StoryForge, LLC)
- The Confession, Tanel Toom, director (National Film and Television School)
- The Crush, Michael Creagh, director (Purdy Pictures)
- God of Love, Luke Matheny, director (Luke Matheny)
- Na Wewe, Ivan Goldschmidt, director-producer (CUT!)
- Seeds of the Fall, Patrik Eklund, director, and Mathias Fjellstrom, producer (Direktorn & Fabrikorn)
- Shoe, Nick Kelly, director, and Seamus Byrne, producer (Zanita Films)
- The Six Dollar Fifty Man, Mark Albiston and Louis Sutherland, directors (Sticky Pictures Ltd.)
- Sma Barn, Stora Ord (Little Children, Big Words), Lisa James Larsson, director and Andreas Emanuelsson, producer (Bob Film Sweden AB)
- Wish 143, Ian Barnes, director, and Samantha Waite, producer (Swing and Shift Films/Union Pictures)
The 10 animated short films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company:
- The Cow Who Wanted to Be a Hamburger, Bill Plympton, director (Bill Plympton Studio)
- Coyote Falls, Matthew O’Callaghan, director and Sam Register, executive producer (Warner Bros. Animation Inc.)
- Day & Night, Teddy Newton, director (Pixar Animation Studios)
- The Gruffalo, Jakob Schuh and Max Lang, directors (Magic Light Pictures)
- Let’s Pollute, Geefwee Boedoe, story-design-animation (Geefwee Boedoe)
- The Lost Thing, Shaun Tan and Andrew Ruhemann, directors (Passion Pictures Australia)
- Madagascar, Carnet de Voyage (Madagascar, a Journey Diary), Bastien Dubois, director (Sacrebleu Productions)
- Sensology, Michel Gagne, director-producer (GAGNE International LLC)
- The Silence beneath the Bark, Joanna Lurie, director (Lardux Films)
- Urs, Moritz Mayerhofer, director (Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg)
The Short Films and Feature Animation Branch Reviewing Committee viewed all the eligible entries for the preliminary round of voting in screenings held in New York and Los Angeles.
Short Films and Feature Animation Branch members will now whittle the titles down to three to five nominees in each category.
Nominations for the Oscars will be announced live on Tuesday, January 25, 2011. The 83rd Academy Awards will be presented on Sunday, February 27, 2011.
Stick with DigitalHit.com for all your 83rd Academy Awards coverage.