Ten animated shorts move forward in Oscar race
Nov 09, 2012 by Ian Evans
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has identified the 10 animated short films that will advance in the voting process for the 85th Academy Awards®. Fifty-six pictures had originally qualified in the category.
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
- Adam and Dog, Minkyu Lee, director (Lodge Films)
- Combustible, Katsuhiro Otomo, director (Sunrise Inc.)
- Dripped, Léo Verrier, director (ChezEddy)
- The Eagleman Stag, Mikey Please, director, and Benedict Please, music scores and sound design (Royal College of Art)
- The Fall of the House of Usher, Raul Garcia, director, and Stephan Roelants, producer (Melusine Productions, R&R Communications Inc., Les Armateurs, The Big Farm)
- Fresh Guacamole, PES, director (PES)
- Head over Heels, Timothy Reckart, director, and Fodhla Cronin O’Reilly, producer (National Film and Television School)
- Maggie Simpson in ‘The Longest Daycare’, David Silverman, director (Gracie Films)
- Paperman, John Kahrs, director (Disney Animation Studios)
- Tram, Michaela Pavlátová, director, and Ron Dyens, producer (Sacrebleu Productions)
Short Films and Feature Animation Branch members will now select three to five nominees from among the 10 titles on the shortlist. Branch screenings will be held in Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco in December.
The 85th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 10, 2013.
Stick with DigitalHit.com for all your 85th Academy Awards news and coverage.