Seven scientific achievements vie for 85th Academy Awards
Aug 17, 2012 by Ian Evans
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Scientific and Technical Awards Committee today that seven scientific and technical achievements have been selected for further awards consideration.
The committee has selected the following methods or devices for further consideration:
- Tissue: A Physically-Based Character Simulation Framework (Weta Digital)
- Zviz: Previsualization System (Lucasfilm)
- Light: Lighting Tool (PDI Dreamworks)
- Wavelet Turbulence for Fluid Simulation (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Planar Tracking: mocha and Enabling Technology (Imagineer Systems Ltd.)
- Cine VCLX Portable Power System (Anton/Bauer)
- Matthews MAX Menace Arm (Matthews Studio Equipment)
The committee will meet in early December to vote on recommendations to the Academy’s Board of Governors, which will make the final awards decisions. The 2012 Scientific and Technical Awards will be presented at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills on February 9, 2013.
Stick with DigitalHit.com for all your 85th Academy Awards news and coverage.