73rd Annual Academy Awards Coverage (2001)
73rd Oscar® News
- Date of Ceremony: Sunday, March 25, 2001
- For films released in: 2000
- Nominations Announcement: Tuesday, February 13, 2001
- Location: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, California
- Host(s): Steve Martin
The 73rd Annual Academy Awards had a first-time host in a last-time home. When Steve Martin presented the Oscars on Sunday, March 25th, 2001 it would be the last time that they would be at the Shrine Auditorium, a home that had served them well on-and-off over the years. Next year, the Academy Awards would be in their new permanent home at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.
There was still this year’s business to attend to and the two films that dominated the nominations were Gladiator and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with 12 and 10 respectively.
- Gladiator: 12
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: 10
- Erin Brockovich: 5
- Chocolat: 5
- Traffic: 5