18 achievements to be considered for Scientific and Technical Awards.
Sep 12, 2002 by Ian Evans
Eighteen scientific and technical achievements have been selected by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Scientific and Technical Awards Committee for consideration in the 75th Academy Awards, Committee Chair Richard Edlund announced today.
“The committee announces these achievements in advance to give any persons or companies with claims of a prior or similar technology the opportunity to contact the Academy and enter themselves in competition,” said Edlund. “The committee can then review these claims to determine whether or not they warrant consideration as well.”
The deadline for additional entries to be submitted to the Academy is 5 p.m., Friday, September 27.
The methods or devices selected by the committee and the individuals or companies submitting them are:
- Deva Digital Audio Disk Recorder; Zaxcom
- Maya™; Alias/Wavefront, Inc.
- PDI/Dreamworks Facial Animation System; PDI/Dreamworks
- Houdini VEX; Side Effects Software
- Mental Ray; Mental Images GmbH
- Deep Canvas; Walt Disney Company
- Deluxe Worldwide Printing System; Deluxe Laboratories
- Use of Color Positive Print Film to Create Yellow Mattes; Cineric, Inc.
- Kodak Vision Premier Color Print Film/2393; Eastman Kodak Company
- Fully Automated, Computer Controlled Proofing Printer; Hollywood Film Company
- Reduction of Color Anomalies – Yellow Layer Dye Fading; Pacific Title & Arts Studio
- Dedolight 400D; Dedo Weigert Film GmbH
- Ultimate Director’s Finder (UDF); Kish Optics, Inc.
- Kinoton FP 30/38 EC High Speed Studio Projector; Kinoton America
- Wireless Systems for Movie Production; Sennheiser Electronic GmbH
- Microprocessor Controlled Wireless Microphone System; Lectrosonics, Inc.
- Video Assist; Jimmie Songer
- Airstar Lighting Balloons; Airstar America
Stick With Digital Hit for all of your Oscar® coverage.