Academy announces festival grants
Nov 03, 2003 by Ian Evans
Academy Festival Grants Committee Chair Buffy Shutt has announced that the Academy Foundation of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has allocated $250,000 to 17 U. S. film festivals for calendar year 2004 programming. Two festivals will receive $30,000 each, five will get $20,000 grants, one will receive $15,000, six will be given $10,000 and three will collect $5,000.
- $30,000 grants: Chicago International Children’s Film Festival and the Miami International Film Festival.
- $20,000 Grants: Austin (Texas) Film Festival, Mill Valley (California) Film Festival, OutFest: The Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, San Francisco International Lesbian & Gay Film Festival and The Hamptons International Film Festival (East Hampton, New York)
- $15,000 Grant: San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival.
- $10,000 Grants: African Diaspora Film Festival (New York City), Hot Springs (Arkansas) Documentary Film Festival, Newfest: The New York Lesbian & Gay Film Festival (New York City), San Francisco Silent Film Festival, Taos (New Mexico) Talking Pictures, USA Film Festival (Dallas, Texas)
- $5,000 Grants: CinemaTexas International Short Film Festival (Austin), Maine Jewish Film Festival (Portland), VC FilmFest: The Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film & Video Festival