Foreign finalists selected for Student Academy Awards
May 04, 2009 by Ian Evans
Out of 57 entries from 39 countries, five finalists have now been selected to compete for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ 2009 Honorary Foreign Film award in the 36th Annual Student Academy Awards® competition.
The winner will be brought to Los Angeles to join U.S.-based Student Academy Award winners for a week of industry-related activities and social events that will culminate in the awards ceremony on Saturday, June 13 in Beverly Hills.
The finalists are (listed alphabetically by film title):
- Elkland, Per Hanefjord, Dramatiska Institutet, Sweden
- Face-to-Face Confrontation, Igor Khomsky, Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography, Russia
- The Incredible Story of My Great Grandmother Olive, Alberto Rodriguez, National Film and Television School, United Kingdom
- Our Wonderful Nature, Tomer Eshed, HFF Potsdam-Babelsberg, Germany
- Pinhas, Pini Tavger, Tel Aviv University, Israel