Academy announces Documentary Feature shortlist
Nov 18, 2010 by Ian Evans
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced the 15 films in the Documentary Feature category that will advance in the voting process for the 83rd Academy Awards.
The 15 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company:
- Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer Alex Gibney, director (ES Productions LLC)
- Enemies of the People Rob Lemkin and Thet Sambath, directors (Old Street Films)
- Exit through the Gift Shop Banksy, director (Paranoid Pictures)
- Gasland Josh Fox, director (Gasland Productions, LLC)
- Genius Within: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould Michele Hozer and Peter Raymont, directors (White Pine Pictures)
- Inside Job Charles Ferguson, director (Representational Pictures)
- The Lottery Madeleine Sackler, director (Great Curve Films)
- Precious Life Shlomi Eldar, director (Origami Productions) Megamind
- Quest for Honor Mary Ann Smothers Bruni, director (Smothers Bruni Productions)
- Restrepo Tim Hetherington and Sebastian Junger, directors (Outpost Films)
- This Way of Life Thomas Burstyn, director (Cloud South Films)
- The Tillman Story Amir Bar-Lev, director (Passion Pictures/Axis Films)
- Waiting for ‘Superman Davis Guggenheim, director (Electric Kinney Films)
- Waste Land Lucy Walker, director (Almega Projects)
- William Kunstler: Disturbing the Universe Emily Kunstler and Sarah Kunstler, directors (Disturbing the Universe LLC)
What’s the next step? Documentary Branch members will now select the five nominees from among the 15 titles on the shortlist.
Nominations will be announced on Tuesday, January 25, 2011, at 5:30 a.m. PT.
Stick with DigitalHit.com for your 83rd Academy Awards coverage.