10 live action shorts continue Oscar nomination run
Nov 20, 2014 by Ian Evans
The Academy has announced the titles of ten live action short films that will advance in the voting process for the 87th Academy Awards®. One hundred forty-one pictures had originally qualified in the category.
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
- Aya, Oded Binnun and Mihal Brezis, directors (Cassis Films and Divine Productions)
- Baghdad Messi, Sahim Omar Kalifa, director, and Kobe Van Steenberghe, producer (a team productions)
- Boogaloo and Graham, Michael Lennox, director, and Ronan Blaney, writer (Out of Orbit)
- Butter Lamp (La Lampe Au Beurre De Yak), Hu Wei, director, and Julien Féret, producer (AMA Productions)
- Carry On, Yatao Li, director (Rochester Institute of Technology)
- My Father’s Truck, Maurício Osaki, director (Lupi Filmes)
- Parvaneh, Talkhon Hamzavi, director, and Stefan Eichenberger, producer (Zurich University of Arts)
- The Phone Call, Mat Kirkby, director, and James Lucas, writer (RSA Films)
- SLR, Stephen Fingleton, director, and Matthew James Wilkinson, producer (Stigma Films)
- Summer Vacation (Chofesh Gadol), Tal Granit and Sharon Maymon, directors (GREENproductions)
The Short Films and Feature Animation Branch members will now select three to five nominees from among the 10 titles on the shortlist. Branch screenings will be held in Los Angeles, London, New York and San Francisco in December.
The 87th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 15, 2015, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater, while the 2015 Oscars ceremony will be held on Sunday, February 22, 2015, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood.
Stick with DigitalHit.com for all your Oscars coverage.