19th Annual Academy Awards Coverage (1947)
- Date of Ceremony: Thursday, March 13, 1947
- For films released in: 1946
- Location: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, California
- Host(s): Jack Benny
A major rule change occurred in the lead up to the 19th Academy Awards. The previous rule change that had led to tens of thousands voting for the awards was changed to allowing only actual Academy members to vote.
The ceremony, which was took place on Thursday, March 13, 1947, was also heading to a new venue, the Shrine Auditorium. With roughly, 6700 seats, the Shrine’s size allowed the Academy to sell tickets to the general public.
The Best Years of Our Lives, the story of three servicemen adjusting to life back home after the war, led the nominations pack with eight nominations.
- The Best Years of Our Lives: 8
- The Yearling: 7
- The Jolson Story: 6
- Anna and the King of Siam: 5
- It's a Wonderful Life: 5