75th Annual Academy Awards Coverage (2003)
- Date of Ceremony: Sunday, March 23, 2003
- For films released in: 2002
- Nominations Announcement: Tuesday, February 11, 2003
- Location: Kodak Theatre, Los Angeles, California
- Host(s): Steve Martin (video)
Oscar®, you look so young…it’s hard to believe that you’re seventy-five.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences celebrated its diamond anniversary in 2003 and what would have been the usual night of glitz and glamour was tempered by the fact that the war in Iraq had started just days before. Though “the show must go on”, the Academy decided to dispense with the traditional red carpet and replaced it with a much shorter version and a handful of photographers from the wires.
The nominations for the 75th Annual Academy Awards® were announced at the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater on Tuesday, February 11, 2003. The Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements in 2002 were presented on Sunday, March 23, 2003, at the beautiful Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland. Steve Martin hosted the show for the second time.
- Chicago: 13
- Gangs of New York: 10
- The Hours: 9
- The Pianist: 7
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers: 6
- Frida: 6
- Road to Perdition: 6