Ten live action shorts continue in Oscar race
Dec 04, 2009 by Ian Evans
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced that 10 live action short films will advance in the voting process for the 82nd Academy Awards® out of a field of seventy-one qualifiers.
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company:
- The Door, Juanita Wilson, director, and James Flynn, producer (Octagon Films Ltd.)
- The Ground Beneath, Rene Hernandez, director, and Kristina Ceyton, producer (Passion Pictures)
- Hotel, Tim Conrad, director-producer (Oyster Films)
- Instead of Abracadabra, Patrik Eklund, director, and Mathias Fjellstrom, producer (Direktorn & Fabrikorn)
- Kavi, Gregg Helvey, director-producer (Gregg Helvey)
- Miracle Fish, Luke Doolan, director, and Drew Bailey, producer (Druid Films)
- The New Tenants, Joachim Back, director, and Tivi Magnusson, producer (Park Pictures)
- The Response, Adam Rodgers, director, and Sig Libowitz, producer (Look at the Moon Productions)
- Short Term 12, Destin Daniel Cretton, director-producer, and Michelle Steffes, producer (Destin Cretton)
- Sidney Turtlebaum, Tristram Shapeero, director, and Daniel Jewel, producer (Third Man Films Limited)
The Academy’s Short Films and Feature Animation Branch members will now select three to five nominees from among the 10 titles on the shortlist.
The nominations for the 82nd Annual Academy Awards will be announced on Tuesday, February 2, 2010, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater with the awards ceremony taking place on Sunday, March 7, 2010. Stick with DigitalHit.com for the 2010 Academy Awards nominations list.