15 Scientific Achievements up for Academy Sci-Tech Awards
Sep 07, 2007 by Ian Evans
The Scientific and Technical Awards Committee of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced today that 15 scientific and technical achievements have been selected for further awards consideration.
The committee has selected the following methods or devices for further consideration:
- Prosthetic Transfer; Tinsley Transfers
- Stunt Fire Safety Gel; Fire for Hire
- Pressure Sensor Actuator; Precision Stunt Specialists
- Tiny Fogger; Look Solutions
- Schneider 35mm Image Quality Projection Test Film (CLT-1, CLT-2000, CLT-006); Schneider Optics, Inc.
- Kodak Vision2 Color Negative Films; Eastman Kodak Company
- Diagnosis and Remediation of High Speed Emulsion Stress Syndrome; Composite Components Company
- Joker-Bug — Compact Versatile HMI Lighting Fixtures; K 5600, Inc.
- Realflow (V.4); Next Limit Technologies
- Industrial Light & Magic Water System; ILM
- FSIM-Fluid Simulation Pipeline at Digital Domain; Digital Domain
- The Sandstorm Software System; Sony Pictures Imageworks
- Houdini’s Unified Dynamics Simulation Environments (DOPS); Side Effects Software, Inc.
- Technicolor Digital Printer Lights; Technicolor
- Skater Dolly Products Family; P+S Technik GmbH
After thorough investigations are conducted on each of the entries, the committee will meet in early December to vote on recommendations to the Academy’s Board of Governors, which will make the final awards decisions.
The Scientific and Technical Awards will be presented at the Beverly Wilshire hotel in Beverly Hills on Saturday, February 9, 2008.