Eight short docs make Oscar shortlist
Oct 09, 2009 by Ian Evans
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced that the field of Documentary Short Subject contenders for the 82nd Academy Awards® has been narrowed to eight films, of which three to five will earn Oscar® nominations.
The announcement was made after voters from the Academy’s Documentary Branch viewed this year’s 37 eligible entries and submitted their ballots to PricewaterhouseCoopers for tabulation.
The eight films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company:
- China’s Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province, Downtown Community Television Center, Inc.
- The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner, Just Media
- The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant, Community Media Productions
- Lt. Watada, Chanlim Films
- Music by Prudence, iThemba Productions, Inc.
- Rabbit a la Berlin, MS Films
- Tell Them Anything You Want: A Portrait of Maurice Sendak, Outside Productions
- Woman Rebel, Women Rebel Films