11 scientific achievements vy for 82nd Oscars
Sep 04, 2009 by Ian Evans
11 scientific and technical achievements have been selected for further awards consideration the Scientific and Technical Awards Committee of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced today.
The committee has selected the following methods or devices for further consideration:
- Enabling Technologies for Digital Intermediate
- The Development of Fujicolor ETERNA-RDI Digital Intermediate Film (Fujifilm USA)
- Relighting for Virtual Characters (USC ICT)
- Imocap (Lucasfilm Entertainment)
- Ambient Occlusion (Double Negative VFX)
- Point-Based Color Bleeding (Pixar Animation Studios)
- OBAQ/DOALL (Industrial Light & Magic)
- Film Master (Digital Vision Ltd.)
- System 5 (Euphonix, Inc.)
- Rigtight® (1stCall Studio Equipment)
- Heden Lens Motors with Two-Stage Friction Drive Planetary Torque Amplifier (Heden Engineering AB)
After thorough investigations are conducted on each of the entries, the committee will meet in early December to vote on recommendations to the Academy’s Board of Governors, which will make the final awards decisions.
The Scientific and Technical Awards will be presented at the Beverly Wilshire in Beverly Hills on Saturday, February 20, 2010. Stick with DigitalHit.com for your Academy Awards coverage.