Nine films advance in Oscar Foreign Language race
Jan 20, 2010 by Ian Evans
Nine films have advanced in the process leading up to the five foreign language film nominees that will be announced when the 82nd Academy Awards® nominations are revealed on Tuesday, February 2, 2010.
The films, listed in alphabetical order by country, are:
- Argentina, “El Secreto de Sus Ojos,” Juan Jose Campanella, director;
- Australia, “Samson & Delilah,” Warwick Thornton, director;
- Bulgaria, “The World Is Big and Salvation Lurks around the Corner,” Stephan Komandarev, director;
- France, “Un Prophète,” Jacques Audiard, director;
- Germany, “The White Ribbon,” Michael Haneke, director;
- Israel, “Ajami,” Scandar Copti and Yaron Shani, directors;
- Kazakhstan, “Kelin,” Ermek Tursunov, director;
- The Netherlands, “Winter in Wartime,” Martin Koolhoven, director;
- Peru, “The Milk of Sorrow,” Claudia Llosa, director.
Stick with DigitalHit.com for the 82nd Academy Awards nominations.