Academy shortens Documentary Short list
Oct 13, 2011 by Ian Evans
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has narrowed the field of Documentary Short Subject contenders for the 84th Academy Awards® to eight films from the original thirty-five eligible entries. That number will be further trimmed to three to five Oscar nominations.
The eight films are:
- The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement, Purposeful Productions, Inc.
- God Is the Bigger Elvis, Documentress Films
- In Tahrir Square: 18 Days of Egypt’s Unfinished Revolution, Downtown Docs
- Incident in New Baghdad, Morninglight Films
- Pipe Dreams, Leslie Iwerks Productions
- Saving Face, Milkhaus/Jungefilm
- The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom, Supply & Demand Integrated
- Witness, Buche
Nominations for the 84th Academy Awards will be announced on Tuesday, January 24, 2012, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater, while the ceremony will be presented on Sunday, February 26, 2012, at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.