9 scientific and technical achievements up for Academy consideration
Aug 19, 2011 by Ian Evans
As the awards season begins to get closer, the Scientific and Technical Awards Committee of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced nine scientific and technical achievements have been selected for further awards consideration.
The announcement is made public to allow individuals and companies with similar devices or claims of prior art the opportunity to submit their achievements for review.
The committee has selected the following methods or devices for further consideration:
- Micro-Voxel Volume Rendering (Side Effects Software, Inc.)
- Mova CONTOUR Dense Mesh Motion Capture (Mova)
- ARRI Zeiss Master Primes Lens Family (ARRI, Inc.)
- Phantom High-Speed Cameras for Motion Picture Production (Vision Research. Inc.)
- Pictorvision Eclipse (Pictorvision, Inc.)
- RealD Cinema System for Theatrical Projection of Stereoscopic Content (RealD)
- The “Lowry Process” (Reliance MediaWorks)
- FUJIFILM Black and White Recording Film ETERNA-RDS for Archive (FUJIFILM North America Corporation)
- Lyre Microphone Suspension (Rycote Microphone Windshields, Ltd.)
The 2011 Scientific and Technical Awards will be presented at the Beverly Wilshire in Beverly Hills on Saturday, February 11, 2012.