Ten animated shorts advance in Oscar race
Nov 05, 2014 by Ian Evans
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced that 10 animated short films will advance in the voting process for the 87th Academy Awards. Fifty-eight pictures had originally qualified in the category.
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
- The Bigger Picture, Daisy Jacobs, director, and Christopher Hees, producer (National Film and Television School)
- Coda, Alan Holly, director (And Maps And Plans)
- The Dam Keeper, Robert Kondo and Dice Tsutsumi, directors (Tonko House)
- Duet, Glen Keane, director (Glen Keane Productions & ATAP)
- Feast, Patrick Osborne, director, and Kristina Reed, producer (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
- Footprints, Bill Plympton, director (Bill Plympton Studio)
- Me and My Moulton, Torill Kove, director (Mikrofilm in co-production with the National Film Board of Canada)
- The Numberlys, William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg, directors (Moonbot Studios)
- A Single Life, Joris Oprins, director (Job, Joris & Marieke)
- Symphony No. 42, Réka Bucsi, director (Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design Budapest)
The Academy’s Short Films and Feature Animation Branch Reviewing Committee viewed all the eligible entries for the preliminary round of voting at screenings held in New York and Los Angeles.
Short Films and Feature Animation Branch members will now select three to five nominees from among the 10 titles on the shortlist. Branch screenings will be held in Los Angeles, London, New York and San Francisco in December.
The 87th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 15, 2015, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater, while the 2015 Oscars ceremony will be held on Sunday, February 22, 2015, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood.
Stick with DigitalHit.com for all your Oscars coverage.