15 documentary features advance in Oscar race
Dec 01, 2014 by Ian Evans
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences named 15 films in the Documentary Feature category that will advance in the voting process for the 87th Oscars®. One hundred thirty-four films were originally submitted in the category.
The 15 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
- Art and Craft, Purple Parrot Films
- The Case against 8, Day in Court
- Citizen Koch, Elsewhere Films
- CitizenFour, Praxis Films
- Finding Vivian Maier, Ravine Pictures
- The Internet’s Own Boy, Luminant Media
- Jodorowsky’s Dune, City Film
- Keep On Keepin’ On, Absolute Clay Productions
- The Kill Team, f/8 filmworks
- Last Days in Vietnam, Moxie Firecracker Films
- Life Itself, Kartemquin Films and Film Rites
- The Overnighters, Mile End Films West
- The Salt of the Earth, Decia Films
- Tales of the Grim Sleeper, Lafayette Film
- Virunga, Grain Media
Documentary Branch members will now select the five nominees from among the 15 titles.
The 87th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 15, 2015, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater, while the 2015 Oscars ceremony will be held on Sunday, February 22, 2015, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood.
Stick with DigitalHit.com for all your Oscars coverage.