2012 Academy Nicholl Fellowship finalists
Oct 03, 2012 by Ian Evans
Ten finalists, consisting of nine individual screenwriters and one writing team, are in the running for the 2012 Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting competition. Their scripts will now be read and judged by the Academy Nicholl Fellowships Committee, which may award as many as five of the prestigious $35,000 fellowships.
This year’s finalists are (listed alphabetically by author):
- Nikole Beckwith, New York City, NY, Stockholm, Pennsylvania
- Ryan Belenzon & Jeffrey Gelber, Los Angeles and Sherman Oaks, CA, X
- Robert Carter, Red Bank, NJ, A.W.O.L.
- Sean Robert Daniels, Laezonia, Gauteng, South Africa, Killers
- James DiLapo, New York City, NY, Devils at Play
- Allan Durand, Lafayette, LA, Willie Francis Must Die Again
- Laurel Minter, Seattle, WA, When Thunder Sleeps
- Bob Roden, Berkeley, CA, Return of the Dipsticks
- April Rouveyrol, Glendale, CA, Life Copy
- Michael Werwie, Los Angeles, Calif., Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile
A record 7,197 scripts were submitted for this year’s competition. The winners will be announced later this month.